As a Project Engineer - Seating, you will be charge of the project management in designing, engineering and testing of the seat project, both internally and externally. The role is intended for development of innovative industrial products. The products must be straightforward to produce according to our capabilities and fit our goals for design, function, ergonomics, environment, strength, safety, and cost. We are looking for a person with a pro-active personality, who can work independently and take initiative on proposing and implemention of solutions.
Main tasks include:
1. Lead and be responsible for the result of the new development project assigned to you.
2. Understanding and clearing up requirements for the project, making the project plan including scope, budget and schedule.
3. Keeping track and making sure everything is within your plan for scope, budget and schedule of your project.
4. Responsible for design, engineering and testing of the product in your project.
5. Doing product development with the understanding of production techniques for plastics, aluminum and steel.
6. Doing technical feasibility study of your own designs before releasing for production.
7. Ensuring all tasks are completed within the timeline scheduled. In case of delays need to take action to either update or inform project team.
8. Making sure the pricing of all parts related to your project and the cost is within project target.
9. Initiating and leading ready for production plan and first trial production run.
10. Looking for value engineering opportunities during your project to reduce costs.
11. Support and advise other engineers in the department with their projects or tasks.
12. Other tasks assigned by R&D manager
1. 3+ years’ working experience as project engineer
2. 6+ years’ experience with engineering and developing new products.
3. Must have pro-active attitude and take charge in assigned project.
4. Provable experience with engineering or project management of seating for office furniture is a plus.
5. Good English in writing, reading and listening.
Our APAC manufacturing HUB is located in Taicang close to Shanghai.